Saturday, January 29, 2011

40 Days of Relaxation - Day 1

OK. So I need to relax according to my dentist. Well, luckily I have all the tools I need, right at my finger and brain tips. I have tons of relaxation CD's and of course I'm pretty good with restorative postures. So I am going to self-impose a 40 day practice of Deep Relaxation.

Saturday, Jan. 29, 2011 - Day 1
I propped myself up in Supported Savasana with the small room heater blowing on my feet and listened to the 2nd Yoga Nidra practice (track 3) of Robin Carnes first Yoga Nidra album. It's about a 45 minute practice.

I could feel my jaw loosening up as soon as I laid down. The Yoga Nidra practice is super soothing. So soothing, I think I fell asleep for part of it. But I swear it felt like I was awake. At any rate, at the end of the practice I felt great. Refreshed, cheerful, and relaxed.

I think my dentist is on to something. This relaxation stuff really works. Ha ha.