Wednesday, February 9, 2011

40 Days of Relaxation - Day 12

Wednesday, Feb 9, 2011 - Day 12
When I wrote this morning about my practice for yesterday I wrote that I had found a free yoga Nidra practice on-line. It's by Richard Miller, the developer of the iRest System: http://www.irest.us/mp3/Yoga-Nidra-meditation.mp3. I started to listen to it this morning but then I got distracted and worked my behind off all day trying to get this website finished. Erika from Yoga North just wrote and asked me how my relaxation was going.This made me realize that I had a massive stinger in my left shoulder and my jaw was quite tight. I realized it was time for my relaxation.

I decided to try the free practice from Richard Miller. It's a lot longer than I thought it would be. It's about 30 minutes. Did I mention that it is free? What a good deal. Anyway, I consciously relaxed my jaw, my breath, my face, my thoughts as he took me through sensing different parts of the body, emotions and thoughts. I feel a lot better.