Tuesday, March 8, 2011

40 Days of Relaxation - Day 39

Tuesday, March 8, 2011 - Day 39

I taught my two regular yoga classes today and then went to the chiropractor. I haven't been adjusted for about 5 weeks. I had thought about making an in-between appointment because my SI joints kept slipping out of alignment which causes quite a bit of back pain. But then they would go back in and I'd think, Oh, I'm fine. Well, I probably shouldn't have put it off because I had so many things that needed adjustment - SI's, multiple ribs, neck, upper back, plus multiple fascial restrictions - that I am wiped out now.

But, since I was so tuckered out after my adjustments, I felt no guilt at "wasting away" the rest of my day doing relaxation. I tried a new Yoga Nidra practice by Amy Weintraub (thank you for the recommendation, Karen) called Life Force Yoga Nidra. I think I liked it. I say "think" because I can't remember much about it. I do recall hearing myself breathing and hearing her talking at the same time. Obviously I was relaxed.

I listened to all three tracks, Long Yoga Nidra, Short Yoga Nidra and Relax Into Sleep. I didn't really care for the Relax Into Sleep track. She started chanting her instructions as if she was Om-ing them and it didn't work for me. Plus she did quite a bit of whispering the word "relax" in a semi forceful manner which was a bit weird. But I'll give it another try. Maybe it will grow on me. At any rate, the CD was a super good deal since I downloaded it from Amazon for just 99 cents per track. So I do not feel bad about preferring two out of three tracks instead of three out of three.