Friday, April 15, 2011

Birthday Relaxation

My friend Emily shared a tip with me a few years ago: plan your own birthday and you will never be disappointed. Well, duh! Why didn't I think of that? Since hearing her wise words I have been an active participant in my own birthday planning. Last year, I turned 40 and decided that, yes, it was a momentous occasion and it should be marked. Being from Minnesota, I thought it would be fun to have a hotdish potluck.

This year however, my birthday fell on a Monday and 41 isn't that special so I opted for no party. Instead, I scheduled a massage for the morning and a hair cut for the afternoon. In between, Dave took me out to lunch at a local Thai restaurant and in the evening we had popcorn and a movie. Overall, a very relaxing and fun-filled day.

Go ahead, treat yourself well for your birthday.