Monday, May 4, 2009

Laying on the Foam Strip - Step 5

Therapeutic Pose for the Shoulders and Upper Back



Step 5: Lay for 5-10 minutes, allowing the shoulders to settle in around the black strip. Focus on your breathing. To come out of the pose, or if at any point laying on the strip becomes uncomfortable, push the blanket out from under you, roll gently to one side, push the strip out of the way and then lay back down on your back in Savasana.

For more information about exercises you can do while laying on the black strip see my blog post: Therapeutic/Restorative Yoga Help. For more information on the book by Susi Hately Aldous which inspired this pose, check out: Therapeutic Yoga for the Shoulders and Hips

Review Step 1, Step 2, Step 3 or Step 4.

Namaste.

2 comments:

Binn said...

Sara-
I just wanted to touch base with you and let you know I won't be taking the summer session here at maurices. I put in my notice and will be done here on May 29th. I have to tell you that taking your class was such a treat, and hearing your insights and practicing yoga with you helped me to stay focused during a hectic time in life. Applying your knowledge during class and throughout my day helped me so incredibly much. I was better able to make life altering decisions. I hope we can stay in touch, and I'll be sure to take a class at yoga north whenever I'm in town. Thank you! Lindsay

Sara said...

Lindsay -

I am sorry to see you go but happy for you that yoga has helped you through some difficult times. I appreciate your dedication to yoga and know that you will be able to find a new place to practice after your move. I'd love to stay in touch.

Namaste ~ Sara