Saturday, March 12, 2011

40 Days of Relaxation - And More

So my final day of relaxation was on Wednesday but on Thursday I found that I really craved my relaxation time. I had to take a break in the afternoon to practice Yoga Nidra. Same thing Friday. Today (Saturday) I don't really feel the need for formal relaxation since most of my day has been spent relaxing with my book anyway. However, it is getting to be the time of day that I usually want to take my break so I'm thinking of heading to my calm room as soon as I finish this post.

What I tend to discover when ever I do a 40 day practice (I've done 3 or 4 now) is that the habit that is formed through the discipline of doing something every day whether you want to do it or not, is one of the greatest benefits. I suppose this is the point of the 40 day commitment.

Unfortunately, it has been hard for me to keep up with my inner core practice since I was using the time to relax instead. Without maintaining my core stability, I have been having some difficulty with my SI joints slipping in and out of alignment. I think I need to find a better balance between relaxing and doing strengthening practices.

One of my students said, "I'm a Libra and I'm always happiest when I find balance." I like that lesson. I'm really happy that I did the relaxation practice and I want to continue to incorporate more relaxation and meditation into my life but I need to remember to maintain my balance between strength and yielding.