Tuesday, March 1, 2011

40 Days of Relaxation - Day 32

Tuesday, March 1, 2011 - Day 32
Last night I took my Tang Soo Do brown belt test. Class went from 6:30 pm - til almost 9:00 pm (I passed). This morning I taught two classes in a row and then went to the acupuncturist.  Dave had lunch waiting for me when I got home from teaching and from being needled, but just the same, I'm exhausted.

I tried a new Yoga Nidra practice today. I downloaded Yoga Nidra ~ Blissful Relaxation for Mind and Body by Vicki Hansen and Dana Gifford on the recommendation of Karen (frequent commenter on this blog). I listened to both the short and long track. Short track first which was good since it took me at least half the practice to settle myself and my dog in. The speaker is either Kiwi or Aussie - Kiwi I think - and it was fun to listen to her accent. She has a very soothing style and says a number of "feel good" type of things which was kind of funny but kind of ok too. She had music in the back ground of both tracks. Sometimes I was a bit distracted by it (birds tweeting, new-agey sounding riffs, etc.) and other times it was nice.

I am pretty sure I missed a big chunk of instruction because I could hear myself breathing (ok, tiny snores) but I could hear her talking at the same time sooooo, I don't know - maybe I didn't miss anything. I'll have to listen again to find out.

Anyway, I am grateful to have this relaxation practice. After two days with lots of physical activity, I seriously needed to relax.