Saturday, June 2, 2012

Day 2: 30 Day Meditation

I sat for 15 minutes again today. I knew I needed to do something other than focus on my breath because yesterday was so mind-wild. So this time I did a body-awareness practice which I learned from Yoga Nidra (although I did this seated instead of laying down like I would normally do). I brought my breath and awareness to each part of my body from head to toe, front to back, left to right. This is a very centering practice. My mind was fairly focused and I only slumped into my body a few times. By the time my timer went off I was feeling very calm and I didn't really want to quit my practice. However, it is Saturday, the sun is shining, the coffee was ready, and my garden was calling.

Here's a link to a free on-line guided meditation practice by the Guru of Yoga Nidra: Yoga Nidra with Richard Miller.

Enjoy your day!