Friday, June 29, 2012

Day 29: 30 Day Meditation

Today I felt settled in mind but not in body. My stomach hurt, my back hurt, and I had a hard time sitting still. I ended up doing more of a restorative yoga practice than a seated stillness practice. By this I mean that I let myself come into a couple different poses and then I rested in those poses as long as it felt good. I did sufi rolls, child's pose, and I laid in reclining 1/2 hero's pose with my back resting on  the therapeutic spinal strip. This ended up working well for me. Here's what my sequence looked like.

Child's Pose

Reclining 1/2 Hero's Pose

Prepping for the Therapeutic Spinal Strip

Laying on the Therapeutic Spinal Strip

Last night I taught a Yoga Nidra class and I recorded it on my iPhone. I plan to listen to it today and if the recording works, I will post a link to download this 75 minute guided deep relaxation.

Today is the 2nd to the last day of our 30 day challenge. I will continue to list links to support your home meditation practice as we finish up our 30 day community practice.

1) All posts from this challenge: 30 Day Meditation Challenge
2) Facebook Event page: 30 Days of Meditation
3) More on meditation on this blog: Meditation
4) More on guided relaxation: Yoga Nidra / Deep Relaxation
5) Audio files for breath work and meditation: Audio Files
6) "Like" Do Restorative on Facebook to continue to be part of the learning: www.facebook.com/DoRestorativeYoga.