Sunday, February 13, 2011

40 Days of Relaxation - Day 16

Sunday, Feb 13, 2011 - Day 16
I listened to Richard Miller's CD from The Meditative Heart of Yoga again today. He really does have such a soothing voice. I heard things I hadn't heard before. This is one of the things I love about Yoga Nidra. No matter how much you think you are awake and aware and hearing everything, you never hear it all. You can't. It seems like whatever I need to focus on the most is what I hear. Or maybe it's just that my mind wanders. I don't know.

I do know that my dog's mind wandered today. She was thinking about the dog cookies I forgot I had in my pocket and then she was thinking about how it must be her dinner time because it is 5 o'clock and her stomach clock knows it and don't I want to get up and feed her right now dang it.

We lasted a bit longer but she wasn't happy about it. Of course she wouldn't leave the room unless I was leaving too since I'm the one with the fingers which can open the food bin. Good thing she's so dang cute. Guess I need to plan our relaxation session times a bit better. Ha ha.

2 comments:

Satyam said...

Hi Sara,

Just read through a number of your latest blog posts - from the last 16 days or so - your daily entries are quite wonderful and inspiring on many levels. Lots of good info too! And oh my tooth pain - there is no pain quite as bad as that!!

I had some cusps break off a few of my teeth - not a big deal - and to save money I just had them filled with composite - worked great for years.

Then a dentist suggested I try crowning them and gave me a good deal. I thought let me try one. Once the temporary crown was put in I was in sheer pain - especially in the evenings, total agony. I thought my head was going to split in half. This went on for weeks. I was so taken by it that I did not go back to get the permanent crown put in. I was supposed to go back in a few weeks and months passed as I felt certain I must have nerve damage and did not want a permanent crown put on only to have to take it off for root canal work etc.

Anyway to make a long story short - I decided to go for it - and had the permanent crown put on. By that time there was almost nothing left of my temporary crown! When the permanent crown was put it, much of my pain did go away. The temporary crown must have been defective in some way.

Still today that tooth is sensitive to cold - something I never had before. Will I get my other teeth that are missing cusps crowned? No waayyy...

I truly enjoyed reading your blog - it provided much food for reflection and learning - thanks for sharing and yes I like that hugging, squeezing machine!!

Will continue to follow along - wishing for your wellness...

namaskar,
Satyam

www.renyoga.com

Sara said...

Hi Satyam - Nice to hear from you. What an awful ordeal with your teeth. Like you, the teeth that bother me the most are the two that have fillings. Ever since they were put in last year, my teeth have bothered me. I am in the process of switching dentists because I am so dissatisfied with the guy I saw last year.

I can't remember if I wrote this already in one of my posts but the dentist I previously saw (the one who put in my fillings) offers free soda to his patients. Can you believe that???!!!

I guess that was a clue that I should have turned and ran instead of continuing my visit.

Everyone knows that pop can rot your teeth right out of your head. For a dentist to be giving it away free in his lobby seems like a crime. Where's the health police? Shouldn't the ADA do something?

Anyway, thanks for writing. It was nice to hear from you. I'm sorry to hear about your tooth pain.