Sunday, February 13, 2011

40 Days of Relaxation - Day 16

Sunday, Feb 13, 2011 - Day 16
I listened to Richard Miller's CD from The Meditative Heart of Yoga again today. He really does have such a soothing voice. I heard things I hadn't heard before. This is one of the things I love about Yoga Nidra. No matter how much you think you are awake and aware and hearing everything, you never hear it all. You can't. It seems like whatever I need to focus on the most is what I hear. Or maybe it's just that my mind wanders. I don't know.

I do know that my dog's mind wandered today. She was thinking about the dog cookies I forgot I had in my pocket and then she was thinking about how it must be her dinner time because it is 5 o'clock and her stomach clock knows it and don't I want to get up and feed her right now dang it.

We lasted a bit longer but she wasn't happy about it. Of course she wouldn't leave the room unless I was leaving too since I'm the one with the fingers which can open the food bin. Good thing she's so dang cute. Guess I need to plan our relaxation session times a bit better. Ha ha.