Wednesday, February 16, 2011

40 Days of Relaxation - Day 19

Wednesday, Feb 16, 2011 - Day 19
I've hit the doldrums of the 40 day practice. I know I'll get through it because I have done multiple 40 day practice's in the past 3 years and I always get through. I'm very disciplined and determined. Probably why I need to relax in the first place. I mean honestly, who needs to give themselves a time-out to relax? Well I do and I guess I know lots of other people who would benefit too. I guess I am feeling grumpy about it though. I think it's because I don't want to take time out of my day to relax but I can't do it at night because I have so dang many activities every stupid night of the week. Hmmm. Maybe I need to cut back a bit.

Well, grumpiness aside, I did have a very nice relaxation today. I listened to Richard Miller's yoga nidra practice again -the one that comes with his book, The Meditative Heart of Yoga. For some reason it is doubled up on my ipod so I listened to track 1 and 2 twice and track 3 once. That was about 40 minutes. Which was about 20 minutes longer than I meant to lay down so now I have to skip my shower before my class tonight. Oh well. There's always tomorrow for a shower. It sure did feel good to relax though. What am I so grumpy about?

BTW, I did not puff up from my acupuncture treatment and I also did not catch a cold after waking up with a sore throat yesterday. Petra (my dog) skipped relaxation today. She wanted to watch Jeopardy instead. It was an historic match between 2 of the smartest men to ever play Jeopardy and a robot named Watson. Watson won.