Friday, February 4, 2011

40 Days of Relaxation - Day 7

Friday, Feb 4, 2011 - Day 7
Today's relaxation wasn't very relaxing. I couldn't stop wiggling. Many reasons:  I have been working on the company's website again and can't turn my mind off (what if I made the margins 15px instead of 10px, should the logo be bronze, blue or what?, why is that div behaving like that...argh); the house was cold; the dog was licky and wiggly; I slept poorly last night; I didn't allot enough time between my two jobs; I was anxious about getting to Yoga North on time to teach my Yin class. Classic "can't relax" syndrome. Oh well, there's always tomorrow. 

Relaxation details: I listened to Track 2 of Relax into Wellness, Vol. 2, which Dr. Louise calls Yoga Nidra. The practice is a sweeping breath from soles to crown to soles, ankles to crown to ankles, knees to crown to knees, etc. through the whole body and back down again. I have not run into anyone else calling this breath practice Yoga Nidra but Dr. Louise says that is what Swami Rama (founder of the Himalayan tradition) calls it. I took my teacher training in the Himalayan tradition so it's weird to me that I haven't heard this until now. I have listened to this track before and found it deeply relaxing so I'll have to try it again when I don't have time constraints like I had today.