Saturday, February 12, 2011

40 Days of Relaxation - Day 14

Friday, Feb 11, 2011 - Day 14
I didn't have time to do my relaxation during the day Friday and I have been wanting to offer a freebie extended class after Yin for a while now so I invited my Yin class to join me in a relaxation exercise after the regular class time. I knew some of my students were planning an outing after class and they had even invited me but since I am on this 40 day practice, and I couldn't get to it during the day, I had to do it after class - either alone at home or in company at Yoga North.

Small Round Cotton Yoga BolsterI was joined by one of my students who is really more of a peer as she has also taken teacher training and multiple in-depth studies. We listened to Dr. Louise Montello's 2nd track of her Relax into Wellness, Vol. 1 CD, Autogenic Training. I think we were both in la-la land. Plus, Yoga North ordered new props - the Pranayama Cotton Bolster, the Small Round Bolster, and a whole pile of fuzzy fleece blankets - so we could really prop up and settle in.
Pranayama Cotton Yoga Bolster
I used the Pranayama Cotton Bolster, which is 25'' long x 3'' high x 6'' wide, under my back for a low reclining bound angle and propped up my knees with cushy fleece blankets. The bolster is a very nice height for laying on. I did notice after about 20 minutes (the relaxation is about 30 minutes) that my back started to feel it. And today (Saturday) my upper back is a bit sore. I definitely got some opening through the extended laying around.