Friday, February 25, 2011

40 Days of Relaxation - Day 28

Friday, Feb 25, 2011 - Day 28
Deep Peace Wellness Studio
Tonight I teach Yin which I do find to be relaxing but which I cannot count as my relaxation since I will be teaching. So, today I treated myself and attended Jodi's noontime Relax and Renew class at Deep Peace Wellness Studio. The studio is in a lovely space in downtown Duluth. It has huge windows which let in plenty of sun and light. Very nice to come in to after the icy winds outside. She was playing Tibetan Bowl gonging music with running water sounds in the background. It was so soothing. It was like being in summer for a brief respite.

Jodi taught a lovely and restorative therapeutic spine class with multiple heart openers and spine releasing poses. We did a lot of work with the therapeutic spinal strip which I think was good for me because I am a bit sore after attending the Back Arch class at Yoga North last night. "Multiple" makes it sound like we were rushed but we weren't. We spent around 10 minutes per pose (I'm guessing) and really settled in.

This class was a little bit early for my relaxation since I am usually choosing to relax between 4-8 pm. I felt pretty alert and even kept my eyes open some of the time. I didn't feel distracted though. The ceiling had pretty beams which I enjoyed looking at. Of course, I didn't have my glasses on so pretty much everything is a blur. Very soothing - like a Monet painting.