Thursday, February 24, 2011

40 Days of Relaxation - Day 26

Wednesday, Feb 23, 2011 - Day 26
Just yesterday I was saying how much I was starting to like this practice of doing nothing. Well naturally that means that my Wednesday practice fell apart. I couldn't lay still, couldn't stop checking the time and the dog didn't want to lay by me so she sat by the door staring at me instead.

You know how you can tell when someone is looking at you? It's the eye vibe or something. Well, it's the same with a dog - maybe worse because they have no Miss Manners to teach then that it is not polite to stare. So in my fidgetyness I would glance up, see her staring, lay back down and then shortly later I was compelled to look again. And sure enough - she was still staring. She was like a staring statue: no blink, no movement. Arrrgh. To her credit there was no whining or scratching at the door either. It was really about me. I just couldn't settle.